Founded by experts from Data Domain and VMware and backed by leading venture capitalists such as NEA and LightSpeed Ventures, Datrium frees IT from complexity by combining primary, backup, disaster recovery, encryption and mobility in a single platform, called Automatrix.
On top of that platform, we offer Datrium DRaaS, the industry’s first software-defined on-demand disaster recovery with VMware Cloud on AWS for on-premises systems. Now you can eliminate secondary physical DR sites and only pay for DR if you have an actual event. It keeps data safe and secure, and it enables users to confidently execute failover and failback with the click of a button all via an on-demand model.
The is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of something special where you can make a difference!
Datrium is redefining infrastructure as software in the modern compute ecosystem where high volume low latency workloads span complex configurations across cloud, on-prem, and edge environments. We are creating the world’s first software infrastructure that converges world-class performance, capacity optimization, cloud integration, and fine-grained data management. Combining these functions along with backup and disaster recovery into one system delivers game-changing simplicity to devops and VM administrators. Datrium is a pre-IPO startup led by the CTOs and founders from Data Domain and early Principal Engineers from VMware.
Here’s where you come in:
As a software engineer, you’ll work alongside a team of world-class engineer and thought leaders in filesystem, cloud applications, virtualization, or engineering services. There, you’ll invent and develop solutions that further Datrium product functionality.
- Work with Product Management to create new product functionalities
- Create functional specification and design documents
- Ensure that the quality and performance of the module meet the required criteria
- Participate in code and design reviews of related
- The breadth of the role is only limited by the candidates enthusiasm and willingness to pursue issues into adjacent product components
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering
- 0-7 years of experience
- Proficiency in C (or C++), Python, and Java programming languages
- Proficiency in data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency and experience in inter-process communication, threading models, synchronization concepts, and complex multithreaded software design
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Linux Kernel
- Knowledge of Virtualization and Container technologies including VMWare, KVM, Docker, and Kubernetes
Datrium embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.