Software Development Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
As a Software Development Manager - Wifi, you will be responsible for managing the team’s multi-pronged roadmap, and work closely with cross-functional teams to innovate and deliver high-performance, low-power, stable connectivity platform for world class consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate will have a background in connectivity software development, an affinity to being a leader, experience running software teams with Agile methodologies, and experience owning a roadmap and a technical vision.
· 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
· Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· In depth understanding of wireless communications and networking fundamentals
· Strong communication skills and writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Have prior experience with Wifi solutions from one or more major Wifi chipset vendors
· Knowledge of IEEE802.11/Wifi protocols such as Wifi Direct, WMM, WPA2/3, 802.11n/ac/ax, and etc.
· Knowledge of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.