Software Development Manager
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As an Firmware Manager, you and your team will work with a unique and gifted team, developing exciting products for customers and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Hardware, Software, Industrial Design, UX).
You will participate in the , integration and improvement of the FW stack for the main computational board embedded in our devices. This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, Linux kernel modules, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and debugging hard to diagnose platform issues.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· 2+ years Experience managing senior developers, creating a technical roadmap for the team
· 5+ years experience with embedded processors for cellphones, tablets or consumer electronic devices.
· 5+ yrs exp in C / programming and embedded SW expertise.
· 3+ years experience in Linux kernel and driver experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required.
· Expertise in one or more of these areas: audio and video, cameras, sensors, touch, CV
· Experience in driving robust software architecture for products
· Experience in coding in C/C++
· System level integration experience including open source packages
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals: object-oriented, data structures, algorithm , problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Board level experience
· Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
· Expertise with Linux kernel and software development
· Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
· Knowledge in serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI and MIPI
· Experience on ARM multi-core processors.
· Experience working with ISP, DSPs, and GPUs for embedded applications.
· Experience with optimizing computer vision and optical algorithms on embedded devices.
· Hands-on experience on developing BSP for Linux and or based devices.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.