Software Development Engineer II - AWS PrivateLink, PrivateLink
Come make the cloud more secure for everyone! Amazon PrivateLink offers an easy and intuitive way for applications to securely integrate with remote services and data sources. As part of our team you will help simplify private access to any resources making it “just work” for our customers.
We are looking for software development engineers that are able to dive deep into the most complex technical problems to help bring our service to the next level of customer delight. You will support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our customer demands. You will also create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows. Your knowledge of software development and architecture will be key to ensure we meet our challenges from the user experience through to our data layer at Amazon scale utilizing AWS services. You will work with some of the best and brightest as you learn and grow. This is a unique opportunity to contribute in building microservices-based applications on a serverless platform and many more cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for highly motivated engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us reach our goals.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, C#, or Python
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Previous experience in ITAR Compliance.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cross-team to influence and deliver solutions for your customer.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create technical designs
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.