Software Development Engineer, ASCS
Want to teach machines to search for needles in a haystack? Ever wonder how you can keep the world’s largest selection also the world’s safest and legally compliant selection? Then come join a team with the charter to monitor and classify the billions of items in the Amazon catalog to ensure compliance with various legal regulations and policies. The CPP AI team is looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to build technology to automatically monitor the billions of products on the Amazon platform. The software and processes built by this team are a critical component of building a catalog that our customers trust.
You will have an opportunity to work with cutting edge machine learning algorithms on large datasets and building self-service ML model training system using active learning techniques. Your will need to build Amazon scale ML applications running on Amazon Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Master’s degree and/or PhD preferred in mathematics, computer science, or related discipline
· Experience in delivering Amazon-scale systems
· A deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures. Delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large scale online services
· Experience with Machine Learning Algorithms.
· Proficiency in Java in a Linux/Unix environment.
· Experience with Python, scikit-learn.
· Experience in building micro-services hosted on Docker Containers.
· Understanding of active learning techniques for teaching machines.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.