Software Development Engineer - Alexa AI, Alexa Conversations
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We’re looking for a Software Development Engineer to help build industry-leading conversational technologies that customers love.
Key job responsibilities
As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa team, you will be responsible for translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will also partner with scientists and platform engineers to help invent, implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based engines. A successful candidate should have knowledge of research domains including AI, NLU, ML, and Dialog Management. They should also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns.
A day in the life
· Developing and maintaining core system features
· Helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
· Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
· Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
About the team
Alexa Conversations enables developers to build natural, robust conversational experiences that balance responsiveness to user behaviors with flexible controls for developers. Our customers are Alexa experience creators who leverage the frameworks and tools offered through our platform capabilities in dialog management and contextual language understanding.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Master's in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
· Experience in designing and developing machine learning system with an understanding of system design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities
· Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
· Academic and/or industry experience with standard AI and ML techniques, NLU, and scientific thinking
· Experience working effectively with science, data processing, and software engineering teams
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
· Written and verbal technical communication skills with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.