Software Development Engineer
Do you like working on projects that are highly visible and are tied closely to employee experience at Amazon scale? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you want to pave the future for Amazon employee experience, enhancing their life better on or off work? If so, we are looking for strong engineers at Amazonian Experience and Technology team to build greenfield applications using latest native AWS services for millions of Amazonians to get support on their important life events.
In this role you will:
- Own end to end stack of solutions which are easy to use for employees, scalable and efficient built using latest native AWS services.
- Build solutions that touches each one of the Amazon Employee where they can manage personal and professional life events seamlessly.
- Develop solutions that empower how each Amazon Employee understand, elect and enjoy benefits.
- Develop tools that remove frustration of making benefits decisions.
- You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative solutions.
Our mission is to provide a consistent, frustration-free benefits, leave and other HR experiences to our employees:
- Provide personalized, contextual and empathizing systems and process in dealing with HR service needs, be for daily needs (attendance) or life-events (I'm getting married)
- Sense the need and provide clear, concise, and decisive self-serve steps without having to wait
- Make solutions that can scale across 60+ countries, with various levels of regulatory and compliance guidance
A day in the life
- Write maintainable, well-structured, and testable code to advance your in-flight project and submit a code review to the team
- Design a system to solve an Amazon scale problem and present a design document to the team to build consensus on your recommended approach
- Attend a team-level operations review meeting to understand system health and identify actions we need to take to keep the system available for our clients
- Meet with a customer to understand the problems they are facing, brainstorm solutions, and discuss with your management to affect team priorities
- Review a teammate's code change and raise the bar on team code quality by providing insightful comments
- Research new technologies that could help simplify your team's system and draft a message to the team with your findings
- Root cause and resolve a trouble ticket filed by a customer of your system
- Attend a one to one meeting with your manager to receive support on your work and discuss career development
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.