Juniper is a leading provider of advanced routers and switches for the internet. We keep the world connected with speed, reliability, security, and ease of use. We believe in excellence and we strive to achieve that through employee motivation, training and teamwork within a collaborative and innovative culture.
This requirement is for an experienced Software Engineer to be part of the Juniper Advanced Threat Prevention (ATP) team. The Juniper ATP team has the charter to be disruptive, to build new products, and to cement Juniper as the thought leader in network security by using the latest technologies to stop bad actors and protect our customers.
- Develop high-performance, reliable and scalable software
- Carry out requirements analysis, design, implementation, unit testing and maintenance of software modules
- Participate and contribute to design and functional specification reviews
- Contribute to the areas of performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability of features
- Design, document and execute unit test cases and integration test cases of new features
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in the fields of networking and network security
- Experience in using C programming for large-scale software projects
- Experience in Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD operating systems in an embedded environment
- Experience programming for distributed (multi-core) platforms
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and L7 application protocols
- Knowledge across all network layers and functions, including deployment, network management and security
- Demonstrated ability to write functional requirements specifications and design specifications
- Demonstrated problem-solving and debugging skills including experience using debugging tools like GDB
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with RESTFUL APIs, Web Sockets, SSL/TLS technology
- Exposure to cloud and database technologies is a plus
- MS in CS/CE/EE with some software development experience, or BS in CS/CE/EE with 3+ years software development experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.