Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Glow
This position is for candidates based in Sunnyvale/Seattle/Austin. Open to discussing other locations or Remote work if needed.
Come be a part of the mission to improve children’s lifelong outcomes by helping them connect with adult loved ones, no matter how near or far. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in technology and to solve real-world problems that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Description of Glow: “A new-to-world virtual, connected, and projected interaction model designed to help children and remote loved ones play, create, read, learn and have fun together as if they are right next to each other.”
You will work alongside product management, research, , and engineering (EE/ME) to define and build the essential lovable . You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define features, drive the software architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality .
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline or industry experience.
· 7+ years of professional software development experience
· MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Experience developing hybrid and native mobile applications.
· Experience with both Java and Kotlin.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.