It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
At Proofpoint, we have a passion for protecting people, data, and brands from today's advanced threats and compliance risks. We hire the best people in the business to:
- Build and enhance our proven security platform
- Blend innovation and speed in a constantly evolving cloud architecture
- Analyze new threats and offer deep insight through data-driven intel
- Collaborate with customers to help solve their toughest security challenges
We are singularly devoted to helping our customers protect what matters most. That's why we're a leader in next-generation cybersecurity—and why more than half of the Fortune 100 trust us as a security partner.
Proofpoint is always looking to hire exceptional people. We help some of the largest and most successful companies in the world defend, protect, and govern their most sensitive data; and we are currently building our next generation of cloud-based solutions that will literally change the way people work. We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who is interested in joining our Finance team to help us take Proofpoint to the next level.
- Perform monthly deal review on complex multiple element revenue arrangements to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in accordance with ASC 606
- Reconcile bookings, billings and revenue on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Prepare JE's and related account reconciliations while providing analysis for fluctuations for assigned accounts
- Preparation of revenue related schedules for external auditors
- Perform processes and procedures to comply with SOX 404 control framework
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned
- Takes a clean sheet of paper approach when revisiting operational processes
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA candidate or Licensee
- Strong understanding of revenue accounting rules under ASC 605 and ASC 606
- Revenue accounting for SaaS revenue recognition and understanding of multi-element arrangements a plus
- Ability to work effectively with various departments
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility to work under time constraints and deadlines
- Must be meticulous, detail oriented, and organized
- 3+ years of progressive experience with a Big 4 Audit firm. Private industry experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, yet cooperatively and constructively, in a team environment
- Highly proficient in advanced MS Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- Working knowledge of D365 a plus
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization with leading edge products, there are many exciting reasons to join the Proofpoint team. We believe in hiring the best the brightest and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. As we continue to grow and expand globally, we understand that hiring the right people and treating them well is key to our success! We are a multi-national company with locations in 10 countries, with each location contributing to Proofpoint's amazing culture!
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!