Sr. Operations Program Manager
The Team: Amazon Physical Store is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout —you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology (JWO), which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you are done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we will charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earths' most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design.
The Role: As a Product Operations Manager, you are the end to end single tread owner (STO) that works from concept to production, working with TPM and development teams to define the program’s success and requirements, including but not limited to milestone schedules, new materials, Agile BOM structure, manufacturing processes, production and technical risk identification and mitigation plans, CM and sourcing strategies. You work with a talented team including technical/operation program managers, component engineering, configuration manager, and manufacturing engineering. to execute on product milestones.
Communicate regularly with management on status, risks and change control
· Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of product management or related experience with a focus on complex hardware and software components
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· Experience with hardware product development lifecycle processes
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop a business case
· Master’s degree in electrical / mechanical engineering or related field
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop project business cases, and measure success.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience coordinating hardware product development cycles and software development schedules
· Experience in product management with advanced and/or emerging technologies Experience using rapid prototyping and other creative mechanisms to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.