Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you like Alexa? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Alexa Local Search is looking for exceptional Quality Assurance engineers to work on latest trends. Our team’s mission is to make Alexa the most knowledgeable and trusted source for local information, backed by advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities. Alex Local search is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned software QA professionals delivering innovative, consumer-centric product solutions to Amazon customers worldwide.
As a member of the team, you will be working with business partners, software development engineers to design, implement manual and automated tests. You will have significant influence on our overall test strategy and driving the system architecture that supports it and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the operating system software, as well as knowledge automation tools. You will learn a variety of cutting-edge technologies, development processes, and develop well-rounded skills such as leadership, and effective project management. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Experience in manual testing
· 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in automation testing
· Experience in manual and automation testing.
· 8+ years of experience as QA Engineer, or as SDET.
· 6+ years of experience in Java or Python and shell scripting.
· Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases.
· Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
· Ability to analyze logs and have strong trouble shooting skills.
· Experience in test coverage measurement, and results reporting.
· Knowledge and applicable work experience in creating automated test cases and improving test frameworks.
· Propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
· Ability to scale and handle multiple projects at the same time.
· Lead projects end to end with minimum guidance.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 2+ years of working knowledge on the Android operating system with unit testing on Android
· Passionate about learning new technologies
· Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment
· Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
· Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
· Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
· Experience with scalable distributed systems and service oriented architectures
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Demonstrable ability to promote best practices in quality areas, including testability and instrumentation
· Ability to drive innovation
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age