Principal Product Manager - Technical, Alexa Shopping
“Alexa, how many HDMI ports did that 4K TV I was looking at have?” Want to re-invent the way customers shop on Alexa? Come join our team! We are seeking a Principal PMT to help us build conversational, immersive shopping experiences on Alexa.
Our goal in Alexa Shopping is to build a product that millions of customers love to use every day across Alexa-enabled devices. Alexa Shopping creates convenient time savers for busy customers and their families by making it easy to capture their in-the-moment shopping needs at home, on-the-go and at work and organizing them so they can complete their shopping more quickly.
We are looking for a Principal PMT to lead immersive shopping experiences on Alexa. This will be an exciting career for you if you possess a high-level of autonomy and integrity while managing a variety of job responsibilities. A successful candidate will be both analytical, technical and resourceful. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results.
As a Principal Product Manager - Technical within this team you will:
· Imagine innovative ways in which Alexa can add value to the customer journey in Hardlines and Softlines categories.
· Devise and communicate the product strategy to drive customer engagement with Alexa Shopping .
· Write product documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams.
· Build a product road map, and manage prioritization and trade-offs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market.
· Partner closely with the science and engineering teams to determine the best technical solution to meet customer needs
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
· 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
· 5+ Product Management or equivalent experience in the tech industry
· Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent professional experience
· Exceptional customer focus
· The ability to persuade and influence others using verbal and written communication techniques
· Strong quantitative data analysis and critical thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently to drive projects to completion
· Engineering degree or Masters of Business Administration
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.