Help Desk / System Administrator I
You’re covered with eXcell. We offer our temporary employees full benefits. Always have. Always will. Join us!
* * * Contract to Hire Opportunity * * *
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Help Desk / System Administrator 1 is the initial point of contact and liaison between the user community and the IT Office technical staff. S/He provides first-level troubleshooting and technical phone support to a user community spanning 38 remote sites. This position requires a friendly and helpful attitude and patience with assisting non-technical persons in a technical environment. Excellent customer service and communication skills as well as technical knowledge of the computing environment are essential.
- Acts as front-line interface to users, accepting requests for technical assistance and resolving routine computing problems
- Responds to user requests for service in a prompt, friendly, and customer service-oriented manner
- Provides Help desk coverage and log, prioritize, categorize, and document all phone and email requests received by the Help Desk to the call tracking system
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves technical support issues for users, communicates status, and follows through to completion within established SLAs
- Follows procedures to assign and escalate complex calls to the appropriate internal or third-party technical support person
- Provides hardware, software, telecom, printing, and network support to users as necessary
- Provides basic support, troubleshooting, and problem solving for Citrix, XEN Desktop, and XENApp server environments
- Provides basic support, troubleshooting, and problem solving on local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) using standard network troubleshooting techniques and tools
- Provides basic support on Telecom, VoIP – moves, adds, and changes
- Installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and resolves problems related to a wide variety of application software
- Creates new user access / login accounts as well as removes user files / access from network upon user separation
- Provides project support to senior technical staff as appropriate
- Manages individual projects as assigned including planning, timelines, status updates, milestones, and completion of objectives
- Assignment as primary or secondary administrator for one or more information systems
- Writes basic documentation on procedures, troubleshooting steps and solutions including user guidelines for KB publication
- Travels as required (less than 10%) to remote sites to resolve technical issues, or to implement or support affiliate technology projects
- Provides rotating, on-call standby service, nights and weekends
- Stays current on all affiliate technologies required for first level support of user issues
- Lifts and moves equipment up to 35 lbs.
* * * Local Candidates Only * * * Non-Local candidates will be rejected without consideration. Relocation assistance is not on offer.
- BA / BS degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experience in directly supporting end users, customer support, computer operations, system administration, or another related area
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment and working with Windows / AD policy
- Experience working in a networking environment
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.