Animal Husbandry Assistant
Comparative Biosciences, Inc. is seeking a Animal Husbandry Assistant to help with the maintenance of animal care procedures. Tasks such as feeding of animals and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of the Animal Research Facility in compliance with SOP’s and GLP’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Animal husbandry, including daily clinical observations, for mice, rats, rabbits and other species as needed.
- May assist in some procedures as needed.
- Preparation for studies, including setting up and breaking down procedure and surgical rooms, and preparing instruments, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintaining accurate records such as room maintenance sheets and daily observation forms.
- Understanding and complying with SOP’s, GLP’s and other applicable regulations.
- Performing any other tasks directed by supervisor, required by the facility, or as qualified by training and experience.
- Working in an efficient and timely manner with minimal supervision.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Must be able to read and write in English. Able to work in a fast paced matrix environment. Must be goal oriented and highly self-motivated.
- Activities may require standing for extended periods
- Able to carry and lift up to 50 pounds, maneuver items and carts exceeding 50 pounds
Work is predominantly performed on company site.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Policies (Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Supplemental STD)
- Legal Plan & Identity Theft Protection
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Business Casual Environment
- Credit Union