Want to talk with a Recruiter? It's easy! Text USS to 44844
The Electrical Line Technician gets to 'spark' up the business by installing, repairing, and maintaining temporary power poles, lines, and generators for our customers. This is a highly hands-on role.
- Perform installation/repair of temporary power poles.
- Maintain/repair electrical power lines.
- Maintain/repair generators.
- Operate service truck to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Maintain struck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Attend safety tailgates meetings/participate in training.
- Follows all established safety rules & regulations.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Safety Focused
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles.
- You are regularly exposed to various electrical conditions that require strict adherence to safety procedures (electrical shock, falls, cuts, etc.)
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-years experience as a journeyman electrician
- Valid Driver License (Commercial Driver's license with endorsements -- tank and air brake) and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Skill in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician's trade.