Requisition Number: QCMIC01704
QC Micro Analyst
We are looking for top of market talent to help grow and innovate our company. If you are someone who embraces challenge, fosters innovation, and desires to make a difference in the world, then let’s talk.
At Thorne we make products that matter - ones that make people's lives better. Each day begins with a mission to help others discover and achieve their best health. We count on our team members to challenge and push the boundaries to make that happen. As a self-motivated QC Micro Analyst you’ll be joining a team of more than 300 passionate individuals committed to our cause of providing superior health solutions.
A day in the life of a QC Micro Analyst at Thorne requires:
- Becoming thoroughly knowledgeable of the applicable provisions of Thorne Research’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and maintains knowledge base on an ongoing, timely basis as procedural changes occur without relying on management intervention or direction.
- Knowing and following the Quality Control (QC) Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Following Laboratory procedures and attention to detail is essential.
- Arriving at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
- Giving attention to detail in all aspects of lab procedures, following department procedures and company policy, and complete all paperwork accurately, neatly, and fully.
- Performing the testing of raw materials and finished products to ensure materials are of acceptable microbiological quality and free from objectionable microorganisms.
- Demonstrating initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas, discovering new and better ways of accomplishing goals. Finding innovative, well thought-out solutions to problems.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations of oversight agencies such as FDA, TGA, and NSF, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Performing laboratory housekeeping and cleaning duties.
- Assisting with departmental needs and vacancies.
- Ensuring that all microbiology testing equipment is operational, well maintained, and accurately calibrated.
- Maintaining inventory and overseeing the ordering of microbiology testing supplies and equipment.
- Prioritizing their work for the day (week) and follow through with that plan under minimal supervision.
- Maintaining records of all microbiology tests performed and their corresponding results.
- Demonstrating competency in traditional microbiology techniques including sterile technique, streaking surface-plates for isolated colonies, calculating cell titers, conducting serial dilutions, and plating product suspensions.
- Forecasting need for microbiological media and prepares new media accordingly.
- Seeking formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
Employment is contingent on satisfactory results from a drug screening, background and reference checks.
What You Need:
- Associates or Bachelor Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or other relevant field is required.
- Two years relevant experience
What We Offer:
At Thorne, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members, such as:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company- paid life insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching contributions up to 4%
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly allowance of Thorne supplements
- Paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave
- Training, professional development, and career growth opportunities
- A safe and clean work environment
A little bit more about us.
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions, cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements. To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
- The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo Clinic and U.S. Olympic teams.
- The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to 40-year-olds.
- The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
- The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon; the #1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5 stars.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider becoming part of the Thorne team.
*This is a non-exempt (hourly) position*
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER