Requisition Number: DIREC01702
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Scientific Operations is responsible for managing interdepartmental support
from the technical aspects of research and development, including dosage formulations, pharmaceutical sciences,
formulary sciences. The Director of Medical Operations will also be responsible in supporting both pre-clinical and
clinical science requirements as they move through the development cycle. This includes engaging Medical, Production,
Quality, Process Development, Engineering, and Legal and Regulatory, and other departments or individuals as may be
RESPONSIBILITIES – Satisfactorily performing and/or achieving the following Responsibilities are essential duties of
- Works with Chief Innovation Officer and Clinical Science team to coordinate the development and execution of pre commercial clinical trials.
- Works with Chief Innovation Officer and Clinical Data Scientist to review and coordinate in silico developmentpipeline.
- Works with the Chief Innovation Officer and Medical department to initiate new products, reformulations, and lineextensions into the RD&C process through the development of the Target Product Profile (TPP), along with the dataand materials that support this document.
- Works with Chief Innovation Officer and Senior Scientist to review and develop appropriate analytical techniques forthe developing portfolio.
- Works with Chief Innovation Officer and Quality to review and develop appropriate formulation or analyticalresponses based on stability plans.
- Works with Chief Innovation Officer, Regulatory, and Quality to review international requirements, stability, andformulation impacts to support portfolio development.
- Supports clinical trials by preparing and moving to execution utilizing the necessary Manufacturing Protocol andcoordination of manufacturing with Engineering and Quality.
- Participates in and contributes to other key initiatives such as harmonization, SKU management and evaluation ofnew raw materials and technologies.
- Works with the Chief Innovation Officer and other Thorne leadership on key projects as needed.
- Supports Production and Engineering with technical and medical based reviews of commercial products.
- Proactively communicates with management and others as needed on key issues related to Research andDevelopment, Production, and the greater Medical department.
- Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture thatpromotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
- Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals,behaviors, and leadership potential.
- Actively participate in required training, development programs, and electives as suits one’s needs, and supportcolleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
What you'll need: 4-year college degree with 5 plus years related experience; or equivalent combination
of education and experience is reqired.
What We Have:
At Thorne, we offer employees the chance to work with great people on exciting projects, with opportunity for growth. We also provide a full range of benefits for you and your eligible family members, such as:
- Competitive compensation
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance
- Company- paid life insurance
- 401k plan with employer matching contributions up to 4%
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly allowance of Thorne supplements
- Paid time off, volunteer time off and holiday leave
- Training, professional development, and career growth opportunities
- A safe and clean work environment
A little bit more about us:
We are committed to providing personalized health solutions, cutting-edge home health test technology, and superior supplements. To do that, Thorne owns every step of its business, from R&D to product delivery and customer service. Currently, we are:
- The only company with exclusive partnerships with the Mayo Clinic and U.S. Olympic teams.
- The #1 prescribed practitioner brand to 30 to 40-year-olds.
- The #2 most dispensed supplement brand.
- The fastest growing supplement company with sales on Amazon; the #1 practitioner brand; with an average ranking of 4.42 of 5 stars.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of others consider becoming part of the Thorne team.
“Please be advised that Thorne Research manufactures nutritional supplement products that can include ingredients that are derived from possibly allergenic raw materials, including but not limited to nuts, soy, dairy, fish, and shellfish.”
THORNE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER