The STO Security Specialist / Security Manager will oversee the security for the entire JS J7 STO facilities. He/she will be responsible for program security management and execution of security policies and requirements for SAPs under the JS J7 STO program.
- Develops and implements security policies and procedures to identify and protect sensitive technologies and operations, including Information, Operational, Communication, Personnel and Physical Security aspects of the program supported.
- Responsible for security management and assists the JS J7 STO Chief with the administration of STO, Common Access Billets (CAB), Special Access Programs (SAP), Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), Alternate Compensatory Control Measures (ACCM) and other pertinent security issues limited to the JS J7 Suffolk STO facility.
- Develops and implements procedures to determine the suitability and eligibility of individuals for access to SCI and Special Access Programs IAW DCID 6/4 and DOD 5205.11.
- Coordinates Special Technical Operations (STO) security activities and personnel billets for the Joint Staff J-7 in support of the Joint Training / Joint Exercise Division STO Office.
- Applies DCID 6/9 criteria to ensure that facilities meet requisite criteria for secure storage, processing and/or discussion of SCI/SAP information.
- Provides Policy support by maintaining responsibility for implementation, oversight, and centralized control of the JS J7 STO Facility and C2 systems. Performs routine system administrator duties in support of the JS J7 STO Systems Administrator and Security Manager (SA/SM).
- Develops and maintains training programs to support STO system orientation for JS J7 Staff, students, exercise participants or others as required. Responsible for handling, maintaining, and protecting special key material in support of JS J7 STO communications.
- Conducts and coordinates vulnerability assessments, security inspections, physical security and other security requirements for the STO facility. As required, the contractor shall review proposed new programs, projects, exercises, experiments, and tests from a security perspective for integration into the current JS J7 infrastructure and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supports physical and administrative security procedures, including entry and visit processing, escort of personnel within the facility and verification that end-of-day security checks have been conducted and documented. Controls classified media and information, transfers files between local systems to storage devices, and properly disposes of media. Performs courier responsibilities. Maintains accreditation package repository for all STO and AIS system certification and accreditation documentation as well as modifications.
- Performs or supports security inspections, identifies security deficiencies and reports security violations. Performs quarterly and incident security audits.
- Prepares and processes Billet Access Request (BARs) for Government approval and inputs BARs, documents and required information into J3-designated SAP AIS.
- Conducts annual billet reviews to verify and account for personnel accessed to J3 SAPs and provide summary report to Government.
- Schedules polygraphs for employees nominated for SAP access.
- Conducts annual STO security awareness briefings/trainings to all JS J7 personnel briefed into STO program.
- Maintains personnel security files for all JS J7 personnel briefed into the STO program, user access to the network and program databases. Meets all required PII and record management requirements for said records.
- Active TS with SCI eligibility
- Bachelors Degree
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of demonstrated experience as STO Security Manager or Assistant Manager with experience in Special Access Program (SAP) support. Experience should have been obtained within the past seven years
- Knowledgeable of all security-related publications, such as Executive Orders (EO), National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)/Supplement/Overprint, Director of Central Intelligence (DCID) and Department of Defense (DOD) as they relate to SCI and SAP program management.
- Special Access Program (SAP) support knowledge.
- Preference may be given to applications with the following DoD Certifications or Training, such as:
- DSSA Courses in SAP Mid-level Security Management
- Introduction to Special Access Program
- Introduction to DoD Personnel Security Adjudication
- Derivative Classification
- Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
- JPAS/JAMS Virtual Training for Security Professionals.
- Excellent work ethic and initiative.
- Must have thorough knowledge and demonstrated expertise in using computer software. Proficient in MS Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.