POSITION: Project Manager - Design Assistant
LOCATION: Suffolk, VA
Company is seeking a Project Manager - Design Assistant to provide overall management direction for multiple design assist projects and nurture the business relationship relative to a particular client, group of clients, or geographical area.
- Works with director of pre-construction to establish project objectives, budgets, and milestones
- Initiates and maintains liaison with prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate design assist and construction activities
- Prepares discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of drawing sets during each phase of the project development
- Reviews design options and recommends best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, price list, and quotes
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy
- Manages and monitors project from design through construction
- Controls construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget
- Investigates potentially serious situations and implements corrective measures
- Represents the Company at project meetings and assists in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manages financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interest and simultaneously maintain a good relationship with client
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance, management, and estimating
- Able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, and standards,etc. and their impact on project activities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.)
- Skilled businessman with knowledge of the design build/assist process
- Can pass the pre-employment (post offer) background check, drug test,, and MVR check (when responsibilities require operating motor vehicles)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For immediate consideration, please send us your current and most up-to-date resume.