KEYS Academy Teacher - Augusta, VA
At KEYS Academy, we believe that each child is a unique individual who requires a secure, caring, and stimulating atmosphere in which to grow and mature. We offer intensive services which meet students where they are socially, emotionally, and academically, and provide instruction using specific social and emotional strategies and tools, so that students can operate from a sense of well-being and be available for blended learning opportunities in computer based, small group, and large group settings.
- Certified Special Education Teacher for K-12.
- Skills and experience working with special needs children
- Excellent communication skills and an understanding of social and emotional learning
- High energy and enthusiasm; and be able to engage students in individual, small group, and large group blended learning formats.
- Must currently either 1)have a valid VA teaching license for SPED General Curriculum K-12, 2)have a provisional VA license in SPED General Curriculum K-12, 3) be eligible for a provisional license in VA for SPED General Curriculum K -12, 4) be licensed to teach Special Education K-12 in another state.
- Able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Competitive Salaries
- Intensive training
- Health Benefits including: Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, and Health Savings Account option
- Time-off including Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break, Spring Break and 3 weeks off in the Summer
Health Connect America is a multi-state, community mental health, behavioral health, family preservation, and therapeutic foster care services provider. It is the mission of Health Connect America to create quality, affordable opportunities for individuals and families to achieve their greatest potential in a safe, positive living environment.
We encourage wellness for our staff by offering competitive compensation and benefits to our full-time team members including medical, vision/dental, 401K, Health Savings Account with company contribution, and paid time off. We also offer an Employee Assistance Program including 8 counseling sessions per year to promote emotional wellbeing.
Health Connect America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.