- Basic Purpose:
Performs diagnostic medical radiographs under the direction of the Supervisor and Manager/Director of Imaging Services.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, performance improvement measures, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Reviews charts, requisitions and physicians' orders to determine appropriateness of patient examinations. Obtains pertinent patient information; performs patient and family education as needed.
- Performs radiographic examinations including general and portable radiography; assists Radiologists with fluoroscopic procedures.
- Checks equipment, supplies and accessories on a regular basis. Communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor.
- May inject patients with contrast media under the direct supervision of a radiologist upon successful completion of phlebotomy training.
- Maintains orderly and clean work environment; provides a safe environment for all patients.
- Assists with patient transport to and from the department as required.
- Responsible for direct supervision of radiology students assigned to work area.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends department and hospital meetings as required.
- Assists clerical and film loan areas as directed. Hangs films in reading areas as requested.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Candidate must have successfully completed an accredited program in Radiologic Technology.
> Active status as a registered or registry-eligible Radiologic Technologist with the ARRT;
> Current/Active State of FL CRT License required - primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
> Current acceptable CPR certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer OR American Red Cross Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers. ACLS, PALS, NRP certification as applicable.
Must demonstrate competence in a variety of simple and complex radiographic examinations requiring thorough technical knowledge.