Triumph Group designs, engineers, manufactures, repairs and overhauls a broad portfolio of aviation and industrial components, accessories, sub-assemblies, systems and aircraft structures. We partner with original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and operators of commercial, regional, business and military aircraft worldwide, to provide products and services that solve their hardest problems. So whatever the part, component or complexity of assembly, Triumph is committed to quality, service and meeting the specialized needs of each customer.
Triumph Aerospace Structures in Stuart, FL is searching for 2 Quality Engineers to provide Program Quality Engineering support and Quality analysis to the Production Teams and other internal organizations. The Quality Engineers will develop and evaluate QA processes, work instruction, site specific procedures, and recommend improvements to support the Continuous Improvement process for the site and division. This role is also considered the site Mentor for the Root Cause and Corrective Action process.
The Quality Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Apply a strong knowledge of quality systems to developing and/or improving the systems and products necessary to ensure that the business attains its annual goals and meets internal, customer, and regulatory requirements, in addition to meeting requirements to ISO9001/AS9100
- Implement common processes and procedures in support of QMS effectiveness
- Works with customers during on site scheduled audits and visits
- Solve problems and troubleshoot using good judgment, interfacing with other departments/suppliers to ensure thorough root cause/ corrective action is completed for all non-conformances on assigned customer products
- Communicate issues or opportunities for improvement identified during quality assurance activities and provide recommended process improvements
- Play an active role on quality management teams within the organization
- Contribute to team effort by maintaining a positive outlook
- Maintain, analyze and distribute required Quality Metrics
- Prepare and present necessary information for Management Reviews
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety requirements
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent with 6 years in a Quality Engineer role within an aerospace company, complex manufacturing environment or other highly regulated industry OR a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of AS9100
- Knowledge of GD&T and its principles, proficient in blue print reading and specifications.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Project management skills
- Ability to analyze data to use in sound decision making.
- Certification as a Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or a Quality Auditor (CQA) a plus
- Six Sigma and Lean experience a plus
- Proficient in the use of Quality professional advanced tools required (i.e., 5 Whys, Pareto Analysis, Cause and Effect Diagrams, FMEA, Apollo RCCA, Cause Mapping)
- This position must meet Export control Compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required