Performs secretarial and administrative support of complex, sensitive and confidential matters; functions as a liaison for Legal Counsel in maintaining files, calendars and deadlines; triaging incoming requests and researching resolutions.
- Performs secretarial and administrative support of complex, sensitive and confidential matters in a fast paced legal environment.
- Functions as a liaison for Legal Counsel in maintaining files, calendars and deadlines: triages incoming requests and researching resolutions.
- Exhibits proficiency in using electronic databases involving legal matters, including but not limited to, litigation, risk management, corporate governance, contracts, and other highly confidential information, including Protected Health information.
- Prepares initial drafts of routine documents, minutes and correspondence; proofreads and edits material with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manages multiples calendars and telephone lines.
- Coordinates necessary travel arrangements and travel expense reimbursement.
- Follows up on tasks or actions as required by Legal Counsel.
- Supports the Law Department supervisor and one or more Legal Counsels.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree or equivalent formal training in Secretarial Science may substitute for up to 3 years of required general office experience.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of PC and or word processing systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to coordinate multiple activities
- Minimum of 10 years general office experience, including 5 years of experience working in a law firm, attorney's office or other legal environment.
- Requires demonstrated typing proficiency of 55 wpm with accuracy