Network Engineer (Remote)
Maintain the security of the client’s network through configuring, implementing, monitoring, and testing security measures, as directed by Deputy IT Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform vulnerability testing and remediation on a network level.
- Respond to security related events and remediate, as necessary.
- Perform log analysis to ensure policy and security requirements are met.
- Maintain security devices as directed by Cybersecurity Officer.
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorized changes are made to devices.
- Guarantee network security best practices are implemented through monitoring and auditing of network device configurations and logs.
Education and Experience:
HS diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive technical know-how of security network devices (switches, antivirus, firewalls, MDM, etc) and any other security networking hardware or software tools is required
- Minimum, two years’ experience identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures is required
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge implementing, configuring, integrating and supporting network security is required.
This is a remote position.
Avenu provides local governments with ways to achieve more predictable revenue that supports growth, fuels modernization and ensures compliance with mandated but underfunded programs. Avenu’s revenue enhancement and administrative solutions find and recover license, permit and other taxes that cities and counties struggle to collect. The insights and improved fiscal posture enables governments to deliver expected services and sustain a high quality of life for residents.
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.