Our Client in Strongsville, Ohio is seeking a Quality Analyst for a contract role
NO CORP-TO-CORP SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED FOR THIS POSITION. Applicants must be able to work directly for Fast Switch as a W2 Employee (US Citizens and all other parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply).
The Customer Integration Testing (CIT) QA Engineer ((Quality Analyst)) will be responsible for the testing, defect reporting and test management of new and existing software, firmware and server applications for our customers.
This will include testing of specific customizations made by the Professional Services team and or the customer development teams. The CIT QA Engineer maybe required to work at the customer facility for long durations and will interface with the customer on a daily basis. Research, develop, document & execute validation test cases, both automated and manual, that are traceable to and fulfill the product requirements. Independently utilize, maintain & configure test environments, both virtual and physical, needed to test the solution requirements. Create complex test scripts and modification of automated scripts with minimal assistance.
Maintain & record test data and provide detailed project status information to management. Be technically competent; maintain a general knowledge of products and new technologies. Possess the ability to work independently with little assistance from Sr. QA Engineer and Management.
- Provide onsite testing of Client and Server applications utilizing customer equipment and tools. These tools include customer supplied laptops, ATM, tablets and server connections.
- Work with the Customer account team, including Project Managers, System Engineers and the Program manger on customer projects.
- Efficiently create & maintain in-depth, accurate & reusable test case documentation. Ensure that project test cases and scripts are well documented & enhanced in a timely manner throughout the testing cycle. Ensure that tests are repeatable and can be efficiently reused and executed by other team members as required. Ensure quality work, little or no rework required.
- Independently setup, install, configure & maintain the test environment (physical and virtual), equipment & test tools
- Independently execute tests, analyze, record & maintain test data, provide detailed status. Identify product test deficiencies, work scope changes that may affect the test effort and schedule - communicate all issues and concerns effectively to all pertinent parties.
- Participate in resource sizing reviews, project estimates and requirement evaluation.
- Track product defects, pull logs files and communicate with the development team on visual and technical observations.
- Attend meetings with the Project and the customer to review defects and testing methods. Provide the customer with a high level test strategy with details on what is in scope and out of scope for the planned testing.
Education and Skills:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Three plus years of software development, integration testing experience or Quality Assurance experience within software development.
- Experience in writing, reviewing and designing test cases to ensure product requirement testability. Test Automation experiences a plus.
- Ability to work well with others, highly motivated, a team player, good communication & problem solving skills.
- Prefer previous technical or testing experience with MS products, Windows, Internet/Intranet, TCP/IP, client server systems, HTML,CustEmize, JAVA, C++ programming, databases, Object Oriented Technologies or Open System Architecture. (Candidates do not have to know how to program in Java or C++ but should have a working knowledge of both)