Requisition Number: LOADE01141
Lignetics, Inc. offers clean, renewable solutions. We have 30 years of experience innovating eco-friendly essentials for everyday life. Lignetics manufactures a variety of consumer brands in several different categories including wood pellets for home heating, BBQ pellets for grilling, wood pellets and shavings for animal bedding, and a wood fiber-based cat litter. Each of our products have unique features and benefits but are all linked with a wonderful recycled, renewable, sustainable, and carbon neutral story. We turn recycled sawdust into value-add, branded consumer products.
- Reclaim material from the sawdust pile and mix the material per plant specifications located on the board in the control room.
- Responsible for making mixes by using various kinds of raw materials such as fresh and old sawdust and green and dry shavings to ensure that production is set up for the upcoming days. Receive incoming loads of raw materials, recognize the specific species and separate accordingly.
- Inspect the quality of incoming raw material to ensure it meets Lignetics standards. Specifically, look for; 1) trash in the material 2) mud or rocks 3) bark 4) any types of adhesives or foreign material. Notify the plant manager immediately upon finding any of these quality defects within incoming raw material loads.
- Gather sawdust samples from every incoming load by inserting approximately 1 cup of sawdust into a zip lock bag and deliver to the control room. Do not push load up until ash samples are verified for quality.
- Understand the importance of maintaining and cultivating the mix to ensure proper blend with correct and acceptable moisture content. Load the infeed bin with the correct raw material based on the production schedule. Keep raw material piles damp in windy conditions.
- Fully understand the mechanical workings of the infeed bin and dryer meter. Ensure bin does not get overloaded, generally no more than 3 bucket loads at a time.
Inspections and Maintenance:
- Conduct daily general pre-trip inspection of Loader. Fully read and understand the maintenance guide and checklist for the Loader. Conduct maintenance checks on the loader on a daily basis by checking all fluids in loader, making sure engine oil, transmission fluid and hydraulic fluid are full. Grease all pins and check water levels regularly. Keep the Loader clean, inside and out. Keep diesel in the loader. Complete Loader Sheets recording dents or damage to loader or building and incoming truck samples and receipts.
- Maintain a clean work area to ensure that the roads are clear and drivable. Clean and scrape down ramp to avoid material build up. Drag and gravel roads as needed. Keep material off and away from building walls. Participate in miscellaneous clean up and maintenance projects.
- Responsible for emptying the log pits if they are full.
Communication and Teamwork:
- Communicate regularly with the Shift Leads/Operators regarding the loader and dryer operation. Communicate with drivers at the truck dump regarding the content of the dump (ie.
- Shavings or sawdust). Report to drivers any problems with lift and approximate wait times to dump their load. Make determination whether waste material left after product produced is reusable or not.
- Assist with loading trucks as needed. Responsible for assisting other production areas, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior forklift and production line experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass the company forklift training.
- Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis and stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb up and down stairs to get in and out of loader with no fear of confined spaces or heights.
- Requires the ability to do simple math calculations, use basic tools, and exhibit mechanical aptitude when conducting loader maintenance and assisting Pellet line and Millwrights with projects.
- Annual bonus
- Pellet purchase program
- 2 weeks paid time off
- Full benefits – vision/dental
- Flexible schedules
- Lignetics SWAG gear to include an annual pair of work boots & other PPE
Salary: $16 - 18/hr
Job Type: Full-time