This position reports to the Sikorsky Line of Business Pricing & Estimating organization within the Rotary & Mission Systems' (RMS) Business Unit.
Sikorsky Pricing & Estimating is responsible for supporting and developing proposals across the portfolio based on Request for Proposals received from customers for both follow-on and new business opportunities. A primary job focus is shaping, analyzing, developing and maturing business case analyses and cost models resulting in a comprehensive bid/price strategy. Additionally, this position plays a key role in developing negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations with our customers for new contract awards.
The candidate should possess a unique blend of skills to excel in a dynamic business environment. They should be responsive to cross organizational (including customer) requests. Specifically, the ideal candidate will have strong analytical, critical-thinking, and business acumen skills. They will exhibit exceptional organizational skill, demonstrate proactive thinking, operate autonomously as appropriate, while interacting extensively with the capture team and cross-functional estimators to produce superior work products under critical path deadlines.
The candidate will report to the Marine Corps Systems (MCS) Market Segment Pricing & Estimating Manager. They will be an important member of the Capture Leadership Team, work closely with Capture Managers, Business Development, Program Finance, and Program Management to develop business partnership strategy, pricing strategy, cost analysis, establish and strengthen customer relations both internally and externally, develop initiatives to increase profitability and cash flow, and prepare cost proposals that are clear and compliant with customer requirements.
Responsibilities include support to LM executive review and approval of proposals, audit, and negotiation of proposals. The primary work location is in Stratford, CT but occasional travel to other Lockheed Martin or customer locations may be required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Strong Analytical & critical thinking;
- Strong detail orientation; organizational skills including strong project management skills
- Self-starter with a “Can-Do“ attitude
- Results oriented; demonstrated ability to work independently and meet firm deadlines.
- Team player; Strong interpersonal and communication; confidence to interact vertically and horizontally across organizations, with both internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint