Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. A Cafe Supervisor in our BNC Starbucks should support the management team, be a resource for all departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful problem solver.
As a BNC Starbucks Licensee Café Supervisor you will spend the majority of your time on the sales floor coaching and modeling Wow customer service. You will help train and oversee the daily work activity of booksellers in the Café. You must be knowledgeable about cafe and store operations; provide outstanding customer service; help enforce loss prevention and safe food handling procedures; and ensure that the Café is maintained.
- Spend the majority of your time in the cafe delivering, coaching, and modeling exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all café operations and assist in the preparation and serving of a variety of hot and cold food and drinks following prescribed recipes and techniques.
- Assist with assigning work and providing focused direction to café booksellers to ensure the set up and restocking of displays, wrap, label, date, and rotate food items for sale is executed daily.
- Help resolve customer issues and complaints and escalating to manager, when necessary.
- Operate equipment, troubleshoot breakdowns, maintain supplies and perform preventive maintenance.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following cleaning, sanitation, and operational standards. Food handling or safety certification may be required in some locations.
- Replenish customer service stations, order/receive supplies or products, and take out trash.
- Assist with processing sales transactions.
- Part-time positions require availability to work on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store an hours will be less than 30 per week.
- Frequent movement within the department and the store.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment.
- Prior supervisor or manager experience.
- High-energy, friendly personality, with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.