UnityPoint Clinic - Storm Lake
CMA/MLT - Family Medicine Clinic
FTE: 0.6 (Part-time, 24 hours per week)Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 3pm; Fridays off
- Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
- Demonstrates competence in the clinical skills necessary to carry out assigned job duties.
- Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
- Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-10 coding.
- Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
- Provide appropriate and timely documentation in the patient's electronic health record using standardized workflows and processes.
- Provide information to appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. health department).
- Thoroughly understand testing (lab and procedures) values and relationship to patient status with accountability to take next steps, as appropriate to scope and licensure.
- Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization's intranet site.
- Meet the department work schedule.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other's views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- High school diploma required if work is performed in a complex CLIA lab.
- Current CME certification for Certified Medical Assistant and AAMA certification.
- Mandatory Reporter certification.
- CPR certification.
- Meets educational/competency requirements per policy.
- Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
- Computer data entry experience.
- BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Able to write, read, comprehend and speak fluent English.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.