CURRENT DAS EMPLOYEES ONLY
Under general supervision, performs a wide range of office administration duties for assigned functions or program areas, duties may be complex in nature and may involve access to confidential information. May research, investigate, and /or resolve program data or issues. Drafts documentation, reports, or presentations. Represents program or unit, provides information and assistance to internal and external customers.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enters new vendors into DAS Database
- Maintain and research DAS vendor database
- Scan IRS W-9 and Vendor Management Forms needing People Soft and Address Sequence numbers to GRVA disbursement mailbox to ensure proper payment for vendors.
- Review requests from PRS for establishing a CE vendor for accuracy and completeness.
- Research and correct all incomplete Authorization and Invoice forms received from DAS Accounting Team. Update vendor file and return completed information to accounting personnel to process payment.
- Update and reconcile information in the DAS vendor database
- Process all returned mail from the adjudicative staff.
- May provide assistance and problem resolution to claimants, employers, staff, other agencies, and/or the general public
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, possess one or more of the items below:
- One or more years of experience in customer service with the ability to communicate effectively in person, email correspondence and via telephone
- Proficiency in typing accurately with speed.
- Working knowledge of AS400
- Ethical Practice
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Business Acumen.
- Technical Capacity.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
No business travel is required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
As a condition of employment with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, you must successfully complete a mandatory federal and national background check, pre-employment testing, and additional checks required for your job.
Disability Adjudication Services (DAS), a program under GVRA, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Disability Adjudication Services (DAS) is one of the largest programs in GVRA. DAS currently has over 400 employees, along with 85 independent contractors and 6 temporary workers - across its five locations in Stone Mountain, Athens, Savannah, Thomasville and Dalton. Our bottom line is to deliver timely, accurate and cost-effective disability determinations. And our promise to you is consistent professional service with responsive and responsible follow-up.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR Three years of related experience.