Perform proper inspection, maintenance, and repair of transportation equipment to ensure safe and compliant operation.
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday | 2PM – 10:30PM
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Diagnose problems related to engine, drive train, air brakes and hydraulic brake systems, lift gates, and refrigeration.
- Tear down, repair, and re-assemble air brakes, engine and drive train related parts, suspensions, lift gates, etc.
- Tune up diesel and gasoline engines, utilize diagnostic equipment, to include lap top and software for Cummins, Detroit, Carrier and anti-lock brake systems.
- Inspect, remove, replace the following: Suspension systems, brakes, air conditioning, steering, transmission, coupling systems.
- Perform BIT, T-1, PMB services for other routine equipment as needed.
- Keep accurate records of maintenance and all other work performed, communicate effectively equipment status with management.
- Maintain a safe/clean work area and adhere to company health and safety guidelines.
- Must provide own set of hand tools needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Preferred to have 3 years of combined training and or experience
- Knowledge of D.O.T. wiring and air systems including air conditioning Freon recovery systems.
- Must have engine tune-up experience, overhaul experience is a plus.
- Must have experience in HD tractor/trailer suspension and steering components operation and repair. Experience with HD running gear and driveline components.
- Must have technical experience, will operate a palm pilot or electronic devices for tracking and activity logging.
- Experience in Air brakes and ABS trained.
- Full knowledge of CHP/BIT inspections and servicing.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.