Expert, Inspection Review Specialist - Stockton
Requisition ID# 133880
Job Category: Compliance / Risk / Quality Assurance
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Office of President & Corporate CEO
Job Location: Stockton
The Inspection Review Specialist (IRS) examines and reviews the findings and data from Desk or Field Inspectors regarding alignment to safety, maintenance and compliance guidelines. Incumbents identify trends in the findings of other personnel, prepare reports and recommendations, and make determinations regarding which maintenance work needs to be completed.
In addition to base work, this individual provides technical support to CIRT (Centralized Inspection Review Team) peers, CIRT leadership, other IRS and Inspectors. IRS ensure continuity of notifications assessments throughout CIRT They act as liaison to field teams for additional information or to communicate emergency work. They develop and implement job aids for team and trainings. They ensure the teams thorough understanding of guidance documents. They also support QAQC Ingestions & Analysis and Drone/Helicopter Field operations when necessary.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME), providing oversight and guidance on more complex notification field scenarios and working on ad-hoc or special requests for new or re-evaluation of existing LC or EC notifications.
- Reviews completed inspection forms, attached pictures, maps and other information submitted from inspectors in SAP, Engage, Sherlock, etc, to analyze and evaluate the inspectors conclusions.
- Returns incomplete records to the appropriate field employee, desktop inspector or Supervisor for correction, and ensures all records and findings are maintained for potential future audits.
- Directs internal inspection quality audit efforts. Develops reports describing findings, observations, and trends; presents findings and makes recommendations to management.
- Develops job aids and guidance documents related to new or revised standards or work procedures, including providing training to Sr. Inspection Review Specialists and inspectors.
- Reviews, approves and releases staging notifications, corrective notifications and orders submitted by inspectors, based on the priority of work tasks.
- Assists in the review of notifications validated by new Specialists for accuracy and quality, trains and mentors new employees, and assists others using established processes, practices, and procedures, and acts as a lead for contractors or supplemental internal resources.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, and leads the implementation of such projects, working with peers to develop and improve processes.
- Performs field and/or virtual desktop visits, as applicable, based on the EC/LC field condition and/or any issues with the information provided from the originating inspector.
- Assist Supervisor in evaluating CIRT metric results and outliers and provides back-up support for the Supervisor.
- Provide technical guidance/support for the development of documents relevant to the CIRT processes and procedures.
- Support Safety OII App Pilot (New Customer facing)
- Support CIRT leadership Supervisors and Managers.
- Support CIRT Experts, QAQC imagery and other business departments as needed.
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisors, and Electric Maintenance Personnel.
- Work closely with Engineering, Standards, asset management and Estimating.
- Provide quick feedback to inspectors
- Liaison between CIRT and other departments.
- May be asked to support training, development, and onboarding.
- High School or GED- General Educational Development GED Diploma
- Utility industry experience, or other job-related, 7 years
- Experience as Senior Inspection Review Specialist or job-related, 6 months
- Ability to travel 15% of the time
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experiences as Senior Inspection Review Specialist, 12 months
- Experience in Engineering, 4 years
- Experience as electric Journeyman, 8 years
- Experience working with CIRT (Substation, Transmission, or Distribution).
- Familiarity with PG&E construction standards, bulletins, and guidance documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of GO 165, 95, 128 and construction standards, and the differences/similarities (compelling/regulatory conditions vs. GO 95 or 128)
- Knowledge and understanding of the EDPM/ETPM Manual and supporting job aids for GO 165 patrol and inspection.
- Good decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Exchange, Excel, Word)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with various levels of internal contacts
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees from various departments
- Proficient in SAP Work Management