BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle.
Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Larry Soliari, Duane Bulthuis, and Brian Finnegan. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
- Consistent recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work”
- Recognition as “Top 5 Accounting Firm in the Bay Area”
- Summer Hours – Leave early on Friday afternoons from June to August!
- BPMU – A corporate university that’s dedicated to your career growth and development
- Flexibility in your day-to-day work schedule
- Rich diversity in the clients, industries, and overall work.
- Licensed CPA
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting and consulting for small to mid-size businesses
- Exposure to a variety of industries; preferred experience related to a variety of industries including agricultural, wine and vineyard land, health care, retail, and professional services.
- Expert in cash and accrual-based accounting implementation and methodology
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to continuously learn
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
- Understands client needs, identifies root causes of problems and implements pragmatic solutions
- Not required but preferred: QuickBooks experience
You Will (responsibilities):
- Oversee multiple engagements and resolve all legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during the audit engagement
- Supervise and manage services to our clients, which include preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting engagement budgets, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services
LinkedIn Code: #LI-PP1
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.