BPM is a full service accounting firm providing comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services to clients globally. We are one of the largest California-based accounting firms and have built our success by focusing on our clients and our people. Our client base encompasses a complex array of sophisticated clients that keep our staff intellectually challenged every day.
Our people-centered culture and firm motto “Because People Matter” has allowed us to be consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Learn more about BPM on Glassdoor or our key leaders on LinkedIn like Jenise Gaskin, Ivy Cowan and Larry Solari. You will likely meet some of these people during your interview process!
Accounting Advisory Overview:
BPM’s Accounting Advisory team (internally referred to as the Business Enterprise Service Team) provides comprehensive financial and business advisory services to private, owner-run companies, including family-owned businesses and start-ups. We do this by providing outsource accounting services, cash flow modeling, financial reporting. We also represent companies in securing loans and financing, develop succession plans and exit strategies, and support company growth through tax planning, risk management, system and processes optimization and merger and acquisition integration.
In addition, as part of the Advisory Service Line, our Business Enterprise Services Team (BEST) works with clients on their ERP system implementation needs, introducing and utilizing technology, to streamline their accounting processes and procedures.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (Requirements):
- An active CPA license.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience between both public accounting and industry as part of an accounting function.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Demonstrated management experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience developing and mentoring junior level staff.
- Strong operational and technical accounting background, including ability to research complex technical accounting issues independently.
- Professionalism and discretion in interacting with firm leadership and client executives.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to address both executive and technical level audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- High energy, enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial spirit!
You Will (Responsibilities):
- Oversee, supervise and manage multiple accounting services for our clients.
- Have “in-charge” responsibilities for small to mid-size private company family run businesses.
- Be managing most of the day to day accounting for multiple clients.
- Assist in month-end close to include A/P, A/R, journal entries, account reconciliations and assisting in preparation of financial statements, and financial reports.
- Provide information to the tax department and prepare the client federal and state tax returns.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts, and understand processes and internal controls.
- Set budgets, select staff, and assign workloads.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, thus driving clients' satisfaction.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
- Participate in special projects for our clients that provide further growth and learning experiences.
- Work closely with BEST leadership in Stockton to be groomed in order to assume the responsibilities of current leader upon anticipated retirement.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.