Managing all calls coming in to the Care Central call center. Registering patients in EPIC system. Assigning beds using electronic bed management system. Performing administrative duties as assigned by manager/supervisor. Utilizing electronic staffing system to verify and update staffing.
- Answers calls coming through the Care Central call center.
- Prioritizes and directs calls based on clinical needs and department protocols.
- Facilitates admissions and transfers in an accurate and expeditious manner.
- Exhibits proficiency in use of various electronic systems.
- Assigns rooms in an appropriate and timely manner as directed by Supervisor.
- Performs administrative duties as requested by manager/supervisor.
- Performs staffing functions as directed by manager/supervisor.
- May maintains accurate list of sitter needs and updates/redeploys sitter as changes occur.
- Accurately inputs information into the transfer database in a timely manner
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school graduate or GED Equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of prior healthcare experience, including familiarity with medical terminology.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Excellent communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with physicians.
Proficiency in using a variety of electronic systems—EPIC, bed management, staffing, and other databases. Flexibility, professionalism, ability to work effectively in a call center environment.