WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 350 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
We have an opening for an Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor to work in partnership with leadership and employees at our Stevenson Mill in Stevenson, Alabama. Stevenson is centrally located between Chattanooga, TN and Huntsville, AL. This is a unionized facility with approximately 400 employees.
Experience ownership firsthand as you ensure the performance, reliability, and results of all equipment and corresponding maintenance and repair work (including contract work) at a world class corrugated medium paper production facility.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- High school diploma or G.E.D with 5+ years of E&I experience in an Industrial setting or related work experience and education.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, & MS Office Project software
- Working knowledge of current electrical safety standards such as NEC, NFPA 70E and OSHA
- Experience in the following areas: project management and planning/scheduling, predictive and preventative maintenance programs.
- Safety mindset with thorough understanding of safety policies and procedures
- Initiative to problem solve and take independent action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to situationally adjust communication style and interact across all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT WESTROCK:
- Lead safety systems & processes that support achieving our continually improving annual goals
- Develop & maintain methods for tracking & reducing maintenance costs by reviewing work orders, examining priorities & obtaining proper approvals for repairs and publishing daily schedules
- Coordinate efforts with the Operations Maintenance Coordinators and Maintenance Planners to identify and provide materials, manning requirements, and other support needed to complete required work.
- Improve efficiency & effectiveness of department operations and ensure required work is completed by analyzing the processes & utilizing available tools, technology and outside resources.
- Build positive relations & help develop department employees to their full potential through effective communication, training and supervisory skills
- By managing the E&I workforce consistent with the union contract and company policies in such areas as overtime, vacation, training and discipline.
- Manage cost control for department to ensure that expenditures do not exceed budget
- Collaborate with production operators to understand operational issues as well as process and equipment opportunities.
- Investigates problems to ensure efficient facility operation and determines root cause to prevent reoccurrence
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Keywords: electrical maintenance supervisor, electrical & instrumentation supervisor, electrical maintenance supervisor, e&I maintenance supervisor, electrical and instrumentation supervisor, E&I, Electrical and Instrumentation, Electrical Instrumentation, EI supervisor, E&I Supervisor, E/I supervisor, E&I Engineer, E/I Front Line Leader, E&I Maintenance Coordinator, electrical engineering, instrumentation, PLC, DCS, switchgear, switchgears, breakers, relays, transmitters, NFPA, budgets, budgeting, capital projects, troubleshooting, electrical motors, electric motors, instrumentation systems, pulp, paper, linerboard, containerboard, liner, sbb, sbs, kraft paper, pulp, pulp mill, paper