Last Mile Hub Driver
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
If you are an outgoing people-person dedicated to building a world-class customer experience, this could be the right opportunity for you. Our new delivery team members have the unique responsibility to introduce customers to their new ride in an intimate (but contact-free) setting – at their home in their driveway. You will play a critical role in Vroom’s growth strategy by facilitating these high-engagement interactions at the most vital point. Our drivers are brand ambassadors and can turn an online car purchase into an unbelievable experience that creates repeat customers and enthusiastic promoters for our promise to deliver now and always.
- Delivering a high-value product to our customers utilizing a Vroom-branded flatbed truck and unload the vehicle at the customers delivery location
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections of customer vehicles ensuring the car shines and looks like a brand-new car
- Maintain and service delivery vehicles as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.) while working with our incredible support team
- Serve as a liaison between several departments ensuring that the customer’s paperwork is completed and ready for delivery
- Provide enthusiastic customer service and in-person support to the customer
- Become a subject matter expert with features and options of different vehicles to orient customers with their new ride
- Demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills to handle front-line customer issues and questions at the point of delivery. Active listening skills and genuine interest is a must-have
- Show initiative and be adaptable in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company that is transforming the way consumers purchase vehicles
- Partner with Vroom Ambassadors and other Vroom executives and pit crew members (as applicable) who may ride with you to assist with the customer’s delivery (e.g., answer questions and set expectations next steps, provide marketing materials)
- Work Requirements/Physical demands:
- Arrive and sign in on time; works hours as scheduled
- Come dress to impress with a Vroom branded uniform
- Operate various types of vehicles, as assigned, safely, in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
- Report all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences to dispatch office immediately; submit written reports on accidents, experiences, or unusual circumstances as required
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. at a time
- Be comfortable with local same-day transport
- Be able to utilize digital technology (iPad, etc.) for tracking delivery status and other logistics
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Maintain a DOT Medical card
- 21+ years old
- 2+ years of consumer-facing experience
- Clean driving record with no moving violations in the last 3 years
- Must pass a DOT Physical, background check, and drug screen
- Be skilled at driving and parking large, heavy vehicles
- Be alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Possess great physical stamina and focus during long driving shifts
- Be a self-starter who works well independently
- Strong knowledge and enthusiast of cars and trucks a plus
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matters.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.
Please review our privacy and CCPA policies here.