Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Packaging Manager and Assistant Packaging Manager, technicians will work as a team to assist with all shucking, trimming, packaging, and labeling duties at The Botanist’s cultivation facility.
This position is responsible for a variety of daily tasks, including but not limited to the following examples:
- Set up workstation according to daily goals established by the Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager, such as trimming, weighing / packing, shucking, or harvesting
- Adhere to state and company policies at all times, following appropriate Standard Operating Procedure according to assigned task
- Verify quality control standards are being met throughout every phase of the production process
- Ensure production goals established by the Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager are being met
- Accurate record keeping abilities
- Close attention to detail - continuously maintaining accuracy and consistency
- Ensure that all product is properly secured and stored
- Package infused products and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to harvesting, defoliation, shucking, and post-harvest cleaning
- Uphold all standards and procedures pertaining to facility cleanliness, such as cleaning of supplies, workspaces, transition room
- Assist with other tasks or responsibilities assigned by the Packaging Manager and Assistant Manager
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- 1-3 years packaging or production experience strongly preferred..
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be reliable and dependable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate calmly and professionally
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary focus and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effective as part of the team or independently to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to pass a State mandated background check
- Cannabis manufacturing/production experience preferred.
- Available to work occasional weekend hours as needed
- Reliable Transportation