Personal Care Attendant
Personal Care Technician
Looking to serve others? Interested in earning extra cash and helping those most in need? Consulate Health Care is hiring those eager to offer a helpful hand to the individuals who live and work with us. No experience necessary.
The Personal Care Assistants (PCA- Non Certified) will partner with Certified Nurse Assistants (CNA's) to provide routine direct nursing care to assigned patients following successful completion of paid preservice 8-hour training course.
Essential Functions Might Include:
- Answering call lights
- Assist the Resident with Getting Dressed
- Assist with Hearing Aids
- Assist with medically necessary transfer to center van
- Assist with smoking observation if necessary
- Assist with housekeeping tasks
- Assist with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) distribution
- Check temperatures
- Make occupied or unoccupied bed
- Pass ice water & meal trays
- Provide 1:1 social visits to room-bound residents via Skype | FaceTime | Phone conversation with family members
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Continued On – the – Job Training (Career Ladder):
Upon completion of the initial paid 8-hour course, the Personal Care Attendant will work under the direct supervision of the nursing staff and in collaboration with the Certified Nursing Assistants providing Activity of Daily Living (ADL) services to residents. During this on-the-job training period, Consulate Health Care will work with the Personal Care Attendant to further improve and expand his|her resident care skills. Personal Care Attendants are encouraged to seek a career as a Certified Nursing Assistant.