Body Repair Technician II
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for repairing all types of body damage including sheet metal, all types of exterior plastic and composite panel repair, vehicle disassembly and reassembly for repair, as well as replacing any parts required to return body damaged vehicles to pre-damage condition and prepare repaired panels/parts for refinish application. This position is responsible for ensuring an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) quality appearance on repaired and refinished panels after paint application by utilizing finishing abrasives, buffing equipment and compounds to refine panel finish texture. Adherence to processes defined in Manheim’s Body Shop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) is required. Position will also be asked to Paint/Refinish all types of vehicles.
- Verify vehicle and repairs to be performed using repair order or tracking label prior to beginning repairs.
- Repair all damaged body panels (including painting) as directed by management.
- Follow repair procedures as defined in Manheim’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Replace damaged panels or other body components as directed.
- Properly handle, apply, and dispose of any surface coatings as directed in Manheim’s SOP and defined in federal, state or local regulations.
- Finish all repairs as required to meet Manheim’s customer expectations for quality.
- Inspect refinished body panels for proper color match and acceptable finish texture, bringing any quality issues to management’s attention immediately.
- Prepare surface for buffing utilizing proper finish sanding products and technique (see SOP).
- Restore refinish panel(s) to OEM quality utilizing provided rotary buffer, correct buffing technique, compounds and polishes defined in SOP
- Inspect remaining (not repaired/refinished) vehicle surfaces for overspray and remove as needed.
- Remove and clean all compound or polish residue from buffed panels completely and inspect for acceptable finish quality.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management. May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of collision and/or mechanical estimating experience preferred.
- Paint Training Certification that meets HAPS 6H requirements preferred.
- Valid Respirator Fit Test Certificate preferred
- Valid drivers license required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds (e.g., tools, equipment, etc.).
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.