Application Sales & Service Manager (Industrial Air Compressors) (Statesville, Charlotte, Greens, NC, US, 28625)
The Application Sales/Service Manager will manage all aspects of application sales support for stationary rotary screw compressor products in the North American region. This includes guiding sales team members on technical application solutions for direct sales to end users, support of distributor sales engineers and all technical sales application activities needed to ensure a positive customer outcome. This position is located in Statesville, NC. Relocation assistance is available.
Role & Responsibility
- Primary contact and liaison for outside sales and customers.
- Drive development of sales and service training materials on processes, tools, methodologies and best practices to ensure customers and stakeholders are kept abreast of proper procedures
- Oversee end user customer projects from conception through execution.
- Communicate and cooperate with cross functional teams (supplier manufacturing, warehouse, engineering, marketing, finance)
- Use data to develop and recommend technical solutions.
- Introduce new and improved end user technical solutions to reduce the cycle times of end user purchases.
- Document and proactively communicate customer service issues with root cause analysis and creation of systemic solution for Company and its customers.
- Work closely with field staff to identify sales opportunities by diagnosing, analyzing and advising on optimal application strategies to broaden customer base.
- Assist distributors and customers in troubleshooting and resolving Doosan Equipment problems.
- Assist in field problem resolution “seed to flower.”
- Use systems to communicate field feedback and experience to drive engineering and manufacturing/supplier to implement corrective actions which improve product reliability for customer.
- Train distributors in troubleshooting, safety and maintenance of Doosan compressors.
- Develop training curriculum for new stationary rotary compressors. Partner with sourced product manufacturers to develop those portions of the material.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred; however, Associate's Degree with equivalent technical sales/service will be considered.
- 5-10 years of experience with stationary air rotary compressors required.
- Limited overnight travel <15% mainly to train distributors.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to challenge and improve upon existing processes.
- Good time management, project planning and project management skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to use advanced formulae, create pivot tables and perform vlookup’s in Excel.
- Able to build positive relationships and work across organizational boundaries.
- Able to quickly and accurately understand technical issues.
- High level knowledge of electric motors, micro-processors, compressor machine control systems and AC/DC electrical systems.
- High skill level in reading/interpreting blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Skills related to documenting service solutions using both conventional and web-based writing and illustration.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.