Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Territory Sales Manager develops tactical and strategic customer plans to meet financial orders, sales and margin goals.In this role the Territory Sales Manager will be responsible to call on industrial and utility customers and promote the services and products of the ELIS businesses to identify, develop and close orders, execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Relocation available but candidate MUST sit remotely within Baltimore / DC area due to client base. Candidate's remote location must be within daily driving distance of Baltimore area.
- Provide sales leadership with assigned customers through the formulation and execution of strategies that will support the customer's business needs through their use of ABB services and technology
- Build customer relationships throughout their organization
- Support the assigned customer with sales activities that provide assistance to the customer in identifying new opportunities where they can improve reliability, productivity or specific business objectives
- Negotiate contracts as required
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, customer trends and installed base and market levels of pricing for supported classes of services or products
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all opportunities and disposition opportunities as they evolve
- Make recommendations for continued growth
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial or utility sales role. else.. 7 years of same with an AS degree or 9 years with HS/GED degree.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales, Field Services, or Marketing role involved with customer development in a pre-order role
- Minimum of 3 years of knowledge and experience selling products and services associated with electrical power studies, switchgear, drives, motors and transformers
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
- Ability and willingness to travel within the District
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required due to government client base. We will not be a able to sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of industrial and utility applications for services, repairs and products
- Integrative team working style
- Self-starter, energetic and positive contributor to the team environment