Why Louis Perry?
Louis Perry & Associates:
Built on a foundation of strong values, high morals, integrity and passion, Louis Perry & Associates will not only provide you with a rewarding career but the encouragement and tools to become a success.
More than being one of the largest and fastest growing engineering and architectural firms in the nation, Louis Perry & Associates also offers a world of opportunity. From training courses and seminars to state-of-the-art technology and a stable, supportive corporate environment, we’re committed to providing the best for our employees and securing the continued success of our company
The Perry Group:
The Perry Group is a full-service, design/build, general construction and construction management firm and a specialized equipment systems manufacturer. Over the past twelve years, we have built, fabricated and managed nearly $1 billion worth of construction and equipment projects.
IMPORTANT NOTE: this position is “in the field” at our project construction sites throughout the continental United States. Applicants should be willing to work out-of-state (with intermittent trips home) for the duration of the project, as the projects vary in length and location throughout the continental United States
Outline of Responsibilities
The Senior Construction Manager is responsible for the overall construction of a project.
Supervisors and Subordinates
The Senior Construction Manager reports directly to the Director of Construction. The Senior Construction Manager may report indirectly to the Project Manager or Project Construction Manager of a project.
Reporting to the Senior Construction Manager are various subcontractors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Particular responsibilities may vary from project to project; however, they essentially include:
- Responsible for overall field operations of a project from the standpoint of scheduling, contracts, conformances to drawings, specifications, and customer relations.
- Is able to work independently and utilize value judgment and engineering without supervision.
- Prepares contract extras and progress payments for client approval.
- Utilizes expertise to ensure contractor work is correct, safe, and meets the intent of the drawings.
- Is responsible to meet client schedules and requirements but not as the expense of quality.
-10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, or
-12 years of relevant experience with an Associate’s Degree, or
-15 years of experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent.
The Bachelor’s or Associate degree must be in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar technical field.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong computer aptitude to include basic knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel with preferred knowledge in Microsoft.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Team player attitude.
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for construction and ability to read and understand construction documents.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Cost conscious.
• Work overtime as required.
• ability and desire to travel, as this position could be located at one of our project sites throughout the continental United States (100% travel). Work location and duration are project-dependent.
• experience in heavy industrial / heavy commercial markets (power, oil and gas, food and beverage, chemical, metals and mining)
• OSHA certification (10, 30, etc.)
Amount of Travel Required
The Louis Perry Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
All vendors must have a signed Louis Perry Group Placement Agreement from the Louis Perry Group Recruiting Lead to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the Louis Perry Group staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to the Louis Perry Group and any resume submitted to any employee outside of the Louis Perry Group’s Recruiting Lead will be considered property of the Louis Perry Group. The Louis Perry Group will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
CDM Smith Employment Type
Visa Sponsorship Available
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position