DEAN OF INSTRUCTION KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is looking for a Dean of Instruction to direct, manage, and provide leadership in all instructional and academic support systems within the college's credit programs. The Dean of Instruction promotes and coordinates programs, curriculum, and course development and evaluation. The Dean of Instruction reports to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs and has managerial responsibilities over faculty and clerical staff associated with the program.
- Reviews courses to ensure they comply with the goals and objectives of the program. Coordinates the revision of instructional materials every academic year.
- Conducts in-service programs for all full and part-time faculty. Conducts orientation meetings with new academic staff.
- Directs and supervises faculty associated with the programs. Provides necessary supplements for staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the courses taught. Advises staff in areas of improvement. Regularly evaluates all faculty and provides constructive feedback on their work according to Board/Union Agreement.
- Works with the Director of Planning and Development in preparing college credit grant applications and coordinating research projects as needed.
- Prepares departmental budgets. Monitors expenditures and ensures they are within budget parameters.
- Coordinates courses, curricula and program development, evaluation, and follow-up.
- Performs faculty evaluations, primarily responsible for tenure process and faculty development week.
- Provides leadership to Research and Assessment Committee and Strategic Planning Committee, and others as needed.
- Assists students in completing their academic goals and objectives. Provides additional guidance and assistance as individually needed. Investigates written complaints according to established college procedures.
- Coordinates and prepares HLC self-study document and ICCB Program Review.
- Collaborates with the Vice President regarding general college operational processes and acts as a go to person for the Vice President.
- Supervises department chairpersons and coordinates monthly chairperson meetings.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution and thirty (30) graduate hours in a related field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Five (5) years teaching in a higher education setting.
- Minimum two (2) years administrative experience as Department Chair, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Coordinator.
- Active participation or exposure to higher education accreditation procedures, articulation processes and program review.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/create activities that focus on assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism in one’s work experience.
- Experience preferred working within a unionized setting.
- Demonstrated ability to create a learning environment that fosters student success.
- Demonstrated collaborative approach to engaging faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a technologically integrated environment that fosters innovation within a learning organization.
WE OFFER: Excellent benefits at a low cost; investment plans 403(b) & 457(b); SURS retirement plan; generous vacation, holidays, personal & sick days plus tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit our benefits page.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC