Emergency Management Project Coordinator – EH&S
Who are we?
The Department of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) oversees the 8,180 acres of the Stanford historic campus as well as parallel operations at the Redwood City campus. EH&S supports and advances the teaching, learning and research activities at Stanford by promoting a safe and healthy campus environment. We provide and coordinate programs and services that minimize the safety, health, environmental, and regulatory risks in a manner consistent with fiscal and environmental stewardship.
We are comprised of over 10 departments with more than 50 specialists who work in the field with top researchers, faculty, staff, and students to support the mission and research of Stanford University. The work environment is team-oriented, collaborative, deadline-driven, and dynamic.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced project coordinator to support the Department's Office of Emergency Management. You will work independently and as part of a team with the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) to support the development and implementation of elements of the University's emergency management and business continuity planning programs with an initial focus on projects related to Covid planning and response.
In this position, you will be supporting the Emergency Management Program. As a member of the EOC, you will develop Incident Action Plans for response team members and develop briefing summaries to the Department Operations Centers (DOC). You will coordinate portions of Emergency Management projects under the direction of the group manager in such areas as continuity management or research continuity. You will also support the following programs:
- Emergency Exercise Program Support: Conducts interviews in preparation for emergency exercises. Recommends exercise scenario inputs. Works with the group manager and exercise consultants to develop and finalize emergency exercise scenarios and logistics. Supports exercise activities by documenting exercise results and formulating After Action reports. Participates as a member of the University Emergency Management Team during exercises (table top, functional and full-scale) and actual emergencies.
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program Support: You will recommend strategies, develop training materials, coordinates and delivers training on business continuity and disaster recovery topics for client organizations. Will assist in the documentation of lessons learned from the Covid response and other incidents. Consults with University departments to determine acceptable recovery time periods and recommend resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster. Consults with client organizations on the process for performing risk analysis of University functional areas to identify points of vulnerability. Provides guidance to and coordinates the efforts of staff members in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization. Periodically reviews changes in University resources with the management of those areas to assure the effectiveness of the recovery procedures and backup capabilities. Coordinates the efforts of staff members in different functional areas in the development of procedures for the continuity of business processes in a disaster situation. Coordinates EH&S support for the maintenance of University wide business continuity planning tools.
You may be tasked to work with the Occupational Health Center on medical support projects as well as other duties as assigned.
Please note that this position is for a 9 month fixed-term appointment.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of business continuity planning, and related concepts and implementation
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Knowledge of the Incident Command System and the National Incident Management System.
- Certified Emergency Manager and/or Certified Business Continuity Planner
- Working knowledge of the University and a clear understanding of the University's key functional processes and resources.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job“ button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4121
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87293