Requisition Number: WHOLE02985
Wholesale Operations Analyst
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
It is an exciting time to join vineyard vines. In order to keep-up with our growing and evolving business needs, we need smart and talented individuals to join our crew and help us to drive the good life!
Reporting into the Manager of Wholesale Operations, we are looking for a Wholesale Operations Analyst to provide overall support to the Wholesale organization, interface with customers, partner cross-functionally and empower our account executives to do what they do best – build relationships and drive sales for vineyard vines. We aim to achieve this through comprehensive order book management, root cause identification, strategic solution guidance, cross-functional collaboration and enthusiastic customer service. Through these areas of operational excellence, we also strive to maximize our monthly sales output, mitigate operational fallout and provide an unrivaled customer experience.
- Manage the Wholesale Order Book with a focus on maximizing our monthly sales output
- Use knowledge of upcoming order releases, current order statuses and invoicing for the purposes of projecting weekly and long-term sales output and business risks
- Analyze the source and dollar value of changes to weekly projections and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Take corrective action against identified business risks in relation to your Order Book
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all customer requirements and relevant distribution center processes to inform order management
- Control Wholesale-related weekly distribution capacity through strategic analysis of ship window and allocation status
- Review details on open orders to confirm that all style and pricing information is accurate prior to order release
- Identify and investigate root cause of issues and help to guide scalable, strategic solution implementation in order to mitigate recurrence
- Support the Wholesale Sales team in day-to-day task execution including Sales Order Entry, Return Authorization Entry and Customer Service related inquiries
- Compile inventory transfers based on analysis of business risks
- Assist the Wholesale Ops Manager in answering system-related inquiries and report building based on superior system comprehension
- Contribute in the audit of customer chargebacks and distinction of root cause
- Bring a positive, proactive and enthusiastic mindset to the team
What you bring:
- Knowledge of the retail industry; experience in wholesale is preferred
- Working proficiency in systems like Blue Cherry, Cognos, Centric and NuOrder, or similar reporting systems, is preferred but not necessary
- Working proficiency in MS office: Excel is mandatory
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service and follow through
- Ability to plan, mange time, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Team focused, confident and professional
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion for the vineyard vines brand
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday we have an ice cream truck to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- We’re a dog friendly boat and we can always use the extra hands on-deck!
- We have flexible working hours to accommodate your personal life
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat
- We offer a competitive salary package, 401-K, commuter benefits, and paid-family leave
- We’ll invest in your career. Our company is continuing to grow and we’ll give you the opportunity to do the same. You’ll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company’s evolving needs.