Requisition Number: SUMME02990
Human Resources Intern
Every Summer Internship Should Feel This Good!
A few things you should know..
- Business hours are 9:00am-5:00pm EST, Monday through Friday, with a daily half hour unpaid lunch break
- Our Summer 2021 Internship Program is 8 weeks in total will run from June 14th-August 13th
- We typically have 1 opening in each department
- Please make sure to attach your resume as well as any additional information you would like us to have
- With a growing number of applicants each year, this is a highly competitive Internship program. Please feel free to add additional information to your application such as a link to your blog, Linkedin, your portfolio, or any other relevant project to show your passion!
- Rising Juniors and Seniors are considered first
- All applications must be received by Friday, March 12th
We’re on the lookout for highly motivated college students, in good academic standing, who are passionate about our brand and about working toward a career in the retail industry.
Interns will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations within their designated department, providing support to other departments as needed, as well as handling administrative tasks throughout the office. In addition to the above responsibilities, all Interns will be assigned a group project to work on throughout the summer and are expected to present their findings to management at the conclusion of the Internship. Interns will be assigned a group of business leaders for direction and guidance through the project. Vineyard vines also provides social and educational experiences for our Interns. Please note: All of these interns will be hosted virtually.
- Assist with implementation and development/establishment of HR processes and Procedures for Corporate, Retail, and Outlet divisions
- Assist in execution of daily changes on payroll status change forms for all employees nationwide
- Construct job descriptions, offer letters, HR files, and benefits paperwork for new positions and candidates
- Assist in the onboarding of new employees on first day (paperwork and document completion)
- Assist in maintenance of employee files and databases
- Assist recruiters in hiring decisions by reviewing resumes and cover letters and conducting phone interviews
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed
What you bring:
- An interest in retail and HR
- A passion for the vineyard vines brand and lifestyle
- Great communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Flexibility and open-mindedness
- Competent in Excel and PowerPoint (advanced functions such as Pivot Tables and Vlook Ups a plus)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential company materials
- Ability to plan, manage time, and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively receive and communicate feedback
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” people
- Every Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat