Requisition Number: STAFF02718
vineyard vines is a highly successful, privately held, American clothing and accessory retailer founded in 1998 on Martha’s Vineyard by brothers, Shep & Ian Murray. With Shep & Ian still at the helm today, vineyard vines has experienced exponential year over year growth and now operates over 100 retail locations including an outlet division, a successful e-commerce business, domestic distribution center, and expanding corporate headquarters. In addition, vineyard vines is also carried in major department stores such as Nordstrom and Bloomingdales as well as numerous specialty boutiques across the US. At vineyard vines we pride ourselves on Shep & Ian’s philosophy that “every day should feel this good” and “if you’re doing what you love, you’ll be successful”.
Now is an exciting time to join vineyard vines. In order to keep-up with our growing and evolving business needs, we need smart and talented individuals to join on our crew to help us to drive the good life!
- Book month-end journal entries related to the financial close.
- Assist in preparation of monthly management reports and accompanying schedules.
- Process sales and inventory batches from point of sale system to general ledger on a daily / weekly basis.
- Reconcile point of sale system to credit card processor on a daily basis.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and supporting schedules including timely resolution of any variances/ reconciling items.
- Manage accounts receivable reconciliation and accounts payable reconciliation. Ensure reconciling items are timely resolved.
- Review monthly rent files from Lease Administration partner and process for payment.
- Monitor daily cash memos received from the retail store managers. Follow-up on any significant variances.
- Assist Store Managers and Customer Care team by helping resolve any issues with customer transactions.
- Monitor customer chargebacks and ensure they are timely addressed.
- Review and post expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Review and code corporate purchasing card activity on monthly basis to the general ledger.
- Monitor due dates and prepare all personal property tax returns required for our various locations.
- On a quarterly basis prepare the invoices to bill back our licensed stores.
- Assist with annual external audit, including preparation of audit request items and schedules.
- Assist with any state sales & use tax examinations.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Be available to assist with other duties when various team members are out.
What you bring:
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word and MS Excel. Knowledge of Pivot tables a plus.
- Experience with major accounting software packages for general ledger accounting. Microsoft Dynamics Solomon, and MMS preferred but not required.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Ability to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum one to three years' experience in the accounting field
- Big 4 accounting experience preferred
- CPA, or working towards CPA
Every-day will feel this good because:
- We have a fun-spirited entrepreneurial culture filled with truly “good” peopleEvery Friday we have “Fruit, Bagels, and Big Ideas” where you can learn something new from executive leaders
- Every Wednesday in the summer we have an ice cream truck to satisfy your cravings
- We have a fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruit, snacks, and drinks to help you stay energized while on-deck.
- We’re a dog friendly boat
- Should you live in the city or surrounding areas and commute by train, we provide a shuttle to our office
- We have multiple company outings as we believe spending time with the crew outside of work is part of the good life
- We offer a generous employee discount so you can rep our lifestyle on-and-off the boat