A Career with Point72's Technology Department
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
What you'll do
- The Senior Network Architect role is part of the IT Engineering group that is responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and project management of the company's internal and cloud- based infrastructure.
- Design new hardware, software and network solutions based on the requirements and feedback of the business stakeholders. Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and/or meet our ever- changing business needs. Prepare and maintain architectural and design documentation of the company's infrastructure, both internal and cloud based.
- Provides response to emergency work requests; troubleshoots network failures and errors; and diagnoses, isolates, and resolves routine to moderately/highly complex network related problems ensuring timely results and minimal disruption of operations.
- Performs facility surveys for network communications and makes recommendations for the layout and location of network components, equipment, cabling, and wiring.
- Assists with developing pricing schemes with vendors for components, equipment, cabling, and wiring for new implementations or upgrades.
- Maintains records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Manages network management programs and prepare network status reports.
- Assist/Support other network related tasks/requirements as directed by management.
- Manage projects and deliver on time with periodic status reports to management.
- Support relationships with vendors and partners.
- Interact with other Technology teams regarding new application deployments and service installations
- Enhance skills in networking domain by self-study, on job experience and internal/external trainings.
- Ensure Quality process and best practices are adopted to deliver the assigned responsibilities
- Flexible, Manage situations and issues with his/her leadership skills. Self-motivated and go extra mile to achieve the goals and objectives of the group.
- Must be a good team player and help to share/exchange knowledge for overall team skill upgrade
- Prior experience (10+ years) in the banking or hedge fund industry, working with voice and network systems.
- Hands-On Experience with Cisco DNA / SDA Experience
- Configuration and Troubleshooting of Complex Voice and Video networks.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of computer network characteristics, network operating system software, and network components (i.e.: network servers, switches, hubs, routers, bridges, cabling, etc.).
- Troubleshooting skills and the ability to diagnose/resolve network system problems.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks firewall configuration and management.
- Knowledge of Cisco wireless lan technologies.
- Experience with Cisco Data Center network systems and technology is required. Cisco ACI is desirable.
- Ability to interpret and apply complex technical manuals and reference materials.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in order of importance; direct efforts of others, work independently and as a team member; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers served and systems administration personnel.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to, practically apply the principles and practices used in the configuration, installation, testing, and maintenance of local and wide area computer wired and wireless networks (Cisco Systems preferred).
- Project management experience.
- Technical training in Voice and Network related field.
- Awesome team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills (with peers and clients). We interact directly with risk managers, senior management, and portfolio managers, in addition to our colleagues in the technology department. The ability to communicate with technical peers and our business users in terms that both groups can understand is crucial to our success.
- Problem solver with proven problem skills using efficient algorithms and proper data structures.
- Advanced and detail oriented data analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking and cloud-based services
- Strong program/project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment,
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Flexibility in rapid environment while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment
We take care of our people
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Fully-paid health care benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- A 401(k) savings program with an employer match and more
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here.